Electrical design may include embedded software to prototype assemblies.
We handle general design of electronics typically used in industry, including:
- Power supply design, ranging from low-power/highly efficient systems (battery operated consumer devices) to mid-range power supply designs (motor driving systems).
- Motion control systems, such as AC motors, BLDC motors, linear actuators, and robotic systems.
- Communication protocols, both developing custom protocols and interfacing with industry-standard or propriety protocols.
- Instrumentation systems (thermal sensors, system load feedback, etc.).
Circuit board design
- Expertise in developing sophisticated electrical designs encompassing high-speed processing, multiple peripheral devices, as well as some working knowledge of incorporating wireless communication systems.
- Experience in developing electrical systems suitable for UL and CE approval.
- Experience in hardware design refreshing – taking an old design and modernizing components, increasing robustness, reducing cost, and ensuring a design remains commercially viable.
- Expertise in developing on a multitude of microcontroller platforms, ranging from 8-bit microcontrollers to 32-bit microprocessors, in C, C++, and assembly language. Microcontroller families used in the past: Microchip PIC12/16/18, Atmel AVR, ARM7/9, TI MSP430, Intel 8051.
- Expertise in interfacing with a variety of peripherals such as user display technologies (LCD, LED, OLED, simple character displays, touchscreens, etc.), communication interfaces (CAN, EIA-232/422/485, USB1.1/2.0), external drivers for motion/temperature control
- Expertise in embedded operating system development (custom 8-bit microcontroller OS), and embedded operating system integration (custom embedded Linux distributions complete with a modified Linux kernel for custom hardware).
- Working knowledge of application development on PLCs using ladder logic.
Software–application level development
- Expertise in developing Windows applications for data acquisition and control of external hardware (custom hardware designs and commercially available products). Development of these applications is typically in C, C++, or C#.
- Working knowledge of software frameworks such as QT, GTK, Cocoa, and Windows application development.
- Working knowledge of developing web-accessible applications in PHP and C#.
- Heavy equipment to HO train sets
- Circuit board assembly as small as 0.040x0.020 in.
- Integrated circuits with lead spacing as small as 0.020 in.
General Electronics Design
- Electronic test system design and implementation
- RF testing and design
- Printed circuit board design
- Skilled with OrCAD Capture and Editor
- Skilled in programing languages Ansi C, Assembly, Visual Basic, LabVIEW